Banner Chemicals / 2M Group of Companies Brexit response
Following the UK’s exit from the European Union and entry into the transition period, scheduled to end 31st December 2020, there is still a degree of uncertainty as to what regulatory and trading terms this exit will ultimately be under. As a result, 2M has implemented a number of contingency measures to mitigate against any interruptions to supply.
- We continue to communicate directly with our customers on the need to place forward orders and demand forecasts, to ensure that sufficient product is available and in the supply chain.
- Where and when necessary, we will commit to additional inventory to ensure continuity of supply for products identified as being at high risk of supply chain interruption.
- We are increasing our resource in regulatory matters in order to manage the additional regulatory burden of UK REACh and the likelihood for longer term regulatory divergence, following the end of the transition period.
- We maintain licenses to export dual-use goods, along with EORI registration and Transitional Simplified Procedures in the event of a no-deal scenario.
- Our regulatory team will continue to provide guidance and support on BPR, REACH and other relevant regulatory frameworks as these become clear.
2M has a long history of import and export on a global basis. As patrons of the Export Exchange, we retain a considerable degree of expertise in global trade. We have, as a part of the 2M Group, been acquisitive in recent years with the business establishing operations in Belgium, Germany, Poland and Norway, all of which further enable us to ensure security of supply to our principals, suppliers and customers in all of the 87 countries we trade with. Regardless of the UK political dynamic, the 2M Group will continue to offer industry leading knowledge, insight, innovation and service.
Should you have any questions, wish us to ensure specific products are available for your business or need support in any of the areas outlined above, we will be happy to help.